WELCOME!!!!

I finally decided to have my own blog to give an insight about me and to get your thoughts.
I will try to keep this blog as updated as possible.
Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this blog.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

I am tired of being there for them!


It's that wonderful old-fashioned idea that “others come first and you come second”. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so I thought I shouldn't get fussy about this whole thing. But, for how long can I get on with it.  Nobody likes to be hurt. Do we? Whether it is physical or mental, pain can be traumatic. Why do we feel so much pain? The pain that is caused due to your near and dear ones, the emotional pain. I want to decode this pain.

How can we not feel hurt when one loses someone or something that is dear to them? I don’t. Because, we can read inspirational quotes, grope our way out of the darkness, or share our sorrow with a best friend but what if that best friend fail to understand you. Some get used to the pain, while others overcome the pain and regain control of their life. I fall in the second half. I have become strong in life because I can’t remember when and who hurt me. When you can't remember why you're hurt, that's when you're healed.

How many times have you felt that someone hurt you on intention? How many sleepless nights have you spent because of the feeling of being hurt and being used? I stood in front of the mirror and looked at myself, if I could see the big picture. Is it me who is actually allowing them to take me for a ride? It is so hard to digest the answer. Yes, it was me.!

I am not saying that you shouldn’t have any feelings for others but we should set our priorities right. Shouldn’t we? Seeing the complete picture will reduce the bad feelings associated with any situation.
If you are going through a difficult phase, and are unable to cope, it is time to realign your thoughts. Dealing with pain is an important part of growing up. We should become mature, wise, and more tolerant with the passage of time. But I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. The folks you help won't realize that you have these emotions because they need you just because they need you.  I too want to experience how it feels to feel the need. Yes, I want to be there for myself.

I must learn to love the fool in me, the one who feels the need to be there for others. I never allowed anyone to hurt me, because I always thought that nobody can hurt me without my permission but m tired. I am tired of being there for them.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment