WELCOME!!!!

I finally decided to have my own blog to give an insight about me and to get your thoughts.
I will try to keep this blog as updated as possible.
Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this blog.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

To stand-out or to Blend-in and I chose the latter!


There you go I said, locking my flat 502 for the very last time and thus officially bidding bye to Manipal after two short years.. (yes, I mean two very short years). My mind was pre-occupied.. it was elsewhere.. it took me back to day one of the Manipal episode..

It was the month of August and I was already a month and a half late to college. It was the first day of my  life at Manipal, the first day of my class and I had this feeling of how my classmates would react on my entry. (infact, I was a little paranoid on how MANIPAL would be, whether I had to stand out or to blend in..) It was just about eight thirty and I walk into the class just to attract a few surprised looks. I chose to sit in the third row corner seat and every time a guy or gal walks into the class they pause n and were giving me weird confused looks (more like the “whose thaaaat gal kinda looks”) , with weird  people around me, I somehow I wanted to laugh at the situation, but by then Sir walks into the class. The first hour was Quants and it was more like the fast and furious class. In no time the first hour got over and then the second hour begins.. The actual beginning… the sense of liberation.

It was the second hour of the day and we have these groups and fortunately or unfortunately I ended up being in a all guys group… “The group 6”, with six guys and I being the only girl of the group. I was introduced to each of them. The guys felt that my entry would ruin their freedom and b-talk fun. But things were soon different and I was welcomed with open arms ( a lil bit of exaggeration here).. But yes, seriously things actually started happening...yes, the blending in, not only with the group but with the whole of Manipal. Be it the dreaded arguments with The Varun Jiii( G), or the fun of watching Roshan wake up between assignments.. :P .. (my stomach still aches when I think of that NP’s assignment in 502) or sitting hours together at IC and doing nothing at all!

Being Human to Being Animal to “Being Teacher”
I never thought that I would do something like that after thirteen long years. Yes, I danced! I performed on the stage along with my crazy friends for our annuals and to add to it, I was the dance teacher for my crazy naughty students. Of course the songs chosen were taporish! (Tilak, Chithresh, Abhi, Aadi, Shreyas, Shashank, Sankesh, Sachin, Manish, Rahul, Praju..) My god… these guys actually made me realize the level of patience I have.. I am proud of myself ..:P).. The unlimited fun we had during those days shall be cherished throughout.
It was then high time that we start studying.. it was now the time for real learning. Yes, it was exam time and I again continued my journey as a teacher..teaching the brilliant lot! ( :P.. let me admit.. I am actually being sarcastic!) God! It was not an easy task and I always prayed to god to gimme all strength and courage to face my students..who always had weirdest doubts making me dumbstruck!) but it was amazing.. the cooking in between the study, the tea breaks, Rathnamma’s dinner, and not to forget, trespassing into my own apartment.. (a weird case wherein the teacher had to literally jump off the compound wall and enter into her own apartment! )..

There's a first time for everything
First ever compering, winning cricket match, receiving medals on the victory stand, the beach volleyball, gazing at the stars in the midnight sitting by the sea, the marijuana and the holi, the crazy wacky night outs, playing for the university, etc…etc.. I owe it all to Manipal..

My college undoubtedly presented me with a lot of good memories and off course a few bad ones. I’m just glad that my good memories heavily outweigh the bad ones. Those countless “unofficial” tours, the post-exam celebrations, the movies, watching people wait in long queues at the aunty shop to take photocopies..  ( most of the times I was only a spectator coz I never believed in wasting money on photocopying and ofcourse the go green philosophy..!), allowing my assignments to be royally raped ( and for all the effort I make to sit and write those assignments, I used to score just one mark! ), those "Ganga"  birthday parties..( I think I have missed out two letters.. :P), those n number of sleepovers, bunking classes, striving so hard to meet the 75% attendance mark, the endless nights and then the eight o clock class, the early mornings by the beach, the heated debates on each and every small thing…..the cats and dogs fight with otrashi.. the cards, the destination X trips.. the house parties , screaming out my throat while standing on the car top... and the list just goes on and on. Not to forget,  Radhanand, Madhumalathi.. I am gonna miss you like crazy.. ( to add on to it, Lakewoods ( more like our rehearsal hall, and premier heights- all the four being our Manipal Basera!)

With so many emotions and memories I handed over the keys to the owner thereby closing the Manipal episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment