WELCOME!!!!

I finally decided to have my own blog to give an insight about me and to get your thoughts.
I will try to keep this blog as updated as possible.
Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this blog.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

HUMILIATION — A BLESSING IN DISGUISE


“I shall put you in a mixer, grind you and make each and every classmate of yours to drink that juice”! These were the words that came out of one of my lecturer’s for ME!!

I was still in the second year of my engineering and fortunately or unfortunately (more of unfortunate) I was the class representative and even unfortunate was the fact that we had our classes scheduled on the top most floor and to add to this, there was no elevator. Now why do I call this as unfortunate, because as a class rep I am supposed to get the chalk, the projectors remote and do all that shitty work for which I had to eventually shed a couple of kilos (from an ambassador to the tango) climbing up and down the stairs. To be honest, it was so so soooo much pain.

And there was this particular lecturer who would never be happy without sending down to fetch something or the other and that made me real crazy. He was a pain. For me he was like warlock taking classes for us which were no less than nightmares. He was more like a wizard with those devilish powers who could cast a spell and I was on the hit list of his spells because I was that unfortunate class rep and that too of the class in which I never wanted to be. I hated my class. 

It was obvious that he didn’t like me, and the feeling was no different for me either. There were many reasons that supported it. That every hour he used to take was more like short film, with a mix of teaching and drama which comprised of humor (which was humor only to him) and thrill because there were instances wherein he used to threaten students that, if he/she fails to answer the question, he shall throw him/ her out of the 5th floor through the window and if they happened to answer then, he himself would jump down (neither of which ever happened). So every day we had this short movie for an hour and also eating our precious interval time every single day (The time, when I could meet my friends from the other section) and this continued throughout.

One day, he had given us an assignment, and he said, “Namratha, you are the class rep (damn, not again! I thought) and it’s your responsibility to collect every person’s assignment and see to it that it reaches to me by 12:30P.M., failing which I shall put you in a mixer, grind you and then make each and every classmate of yours to drink that juice”! Having this very bad habit of imagining and picturing things as and when people talk, the very thought of it made me to giggle (though I wanted to laugh out my heart) but then I realized sir is still staring at me.. ! you must be wondering what on earth made me giggle when the rest of my classmates were so scared and serious. Hea..hea.. The fact is that, by then I had realized that humiliation for him, was a way to motivate his students. Somehow, every time he humiliated me, it gave me a feeling of being doubly blessed..(or may be I was just getting used to it) 

Days passed, and I was in the final year, final semester where we have technical seminar, wherein every student has to choose a technical topic and present on it for twenty minutes and ten minutes for the Q & A. A dreaded panel of about four to five lecturers was formed to evaluate the seminar. We all hoped that the wizard doesn't turn out to be in our panel, but my bad luck continued. Yes, he was one among the five panel members, all of them were just like him.

Five of us were to present that day, and I was the fourth presenter of the day. The previous three were royally screwed and it was my turn now. I begin my presentation at about 3:10 P.M. and I stopped talking only at 3:45 P.M. I had stopped because I had reached the end of my presentation, the thank you slide and I was now waiting for that dreaded panel to shoot n number of questions at me. I looked at each of the panel members and, one of them called my name out. I looked at him. He just shook his head and said, “For your level of confidence, and for the way you presented today, HATS OFF!!” and he not only said that, but he actually did it and applauded..and the entire class joined hands to applaud !! He also added that “I wanted you on and on”. I still could not believe..Can I get a better compliment than that? Could I get it from him? Yes, it was not from any other person, but from GP himself. (Yes, the wizard or the warlock I was referring to was him, The GP Sir). He also added, “I don’t think, either of us have any questions for you. “  And what a day it was.  All this while, he blessed me through his humiliation and today he had actually praised me with all dignity and I was so immensely blessed.

I never met him after my graduation. I always thought I shall meet him when he can be proud about the fact that I was his student. The time was nearing, I wanted to meet him, but I can never meet him again because God had some other plans. A call from god made him disappear. He is now gone, gone forever, leaving behind the memories. Never ever will I forget that day, his words, and his way of inspiring, his humiliations (motivation in disguise) and never will I forget him.. R.I.P. GP Sir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment